Expand Menu Close Menu
Telephone: 1800 677 342

National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)

If you are receiving a disability service funded through the NDIS in Victoria, you can still make a complaint about the service to DSC.

Through an agreement between the Commonwealth and Victorian Governments, DSC’s role in handling complaints about Victorian disability services encompasses disability supports funded through the NDIS.

Under this agreement, all of the powers held by DSC under the Disability Act 2006 apply equally to NDIS funded disability supports until 2019. This includes the power to provide advice and resolve complaints through informal agreements, conciliation and under certain circumstances, investigations.

Find out more about making a complaint or learn more about the role of the DSC.

Not sure if we’re the people to speak to?

DSC has a ‘no wrong door’ approach to complaints about Victorian disability service providers. If the issue you want to talk to us about isn’t one that we have responsibility for, we will assist you to contact the right place.

Download our postcard: NDIS – Unsure about who to make a complaint to? (PDF, 153KB)

Visit our Useful Links to learn more about different complaints bodies and other disability-related websites.

I’m a NDIS service provider

Disability service providers in Victoria need to comply with the requirements of the National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and the Disability Act 2006. This includes:

  • Having a complaints management system in place with a clear process to receive and resolve complaints about their services and supports;
  • Ensuring that people with a disability who are using services know how to make a complaint to the disability service provider and to the Disability Services Commissioner;
  • Taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no person is adversely affected because a complaint has been made by them, or on their behalf; and
  • Reporting every year to the Commissioner about the number, types and outcomes of complaints received, including how they were resolved.

DSC can help you to meet these obligations by:

  • providing a web-based annual complaints reporting tool to record and report your complaints data;
  • providing education and information sessions for people using your service, their families and carers;
  • assisting you to respond more effectively to complaints through staff training, policy review, resources such as culture surveys and practice guides, and consultation on complaint issues; and
  • providing brochures and materials that can be distributed by your organisation to people using your services, their families and carers.

Check out our Resources for more information on how to build a positive complaints culture in your organisation.

Level 20, 570 Bourke Street,

Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia

Call for enquiries or complaints - 1800 677 342

Email for enquiries or complaints - complaints@odsc.vic.gov.au