Website disclaimer: The State election will be held on Saturday 26 November 2022. The caretaker period will commence at 6.00 pm on Tuesday 1 November 2022. During the caretaker period, content will only be added to this website in line with the caretaker conventions.
** Please note, with regards to some of our resources, information relating to services within our jurisdiction is out of date. To find out who is in our jurisdiction from Jan 2022 please refer to: Confused about where to make a complaint <https://www.odsc.vic.gov.au/2022/02/07/confused-about-where-to-make-a-complaint-about-a-disability/>
We produce a range of publications for people with a disability, their family and friends and service providers. These resources are designed to promote a healthy complaints culture, to offer guidance during the complaints resolution process, and to offer insights into areas requiring improvement based on years of complaints data collated by us.
- Education materials – Complete our complaint culture survey and a practice self-audit to assess your readiness to handle complaints in your organisation. Our Good Practice Guide and Guide to Complaints will help you build towards a positive complaints culture in your organisation.
- Consumer brochures – Our brochures ‘It’s OK to Complain’ is also available in plain English with pictures, Braille, large print, and Auslan on multimedia CD.
- Information sheets – Information sheets for submitting a complaint and what happens during a complaints assessment. There is also a guide on investigations for service providers.
- Occasional papers and reports – Long-form papers analysing data trends in complaints about Victorian disability services
- Support for service providers – support for service providers including access to our Annual Complaints Reporting Tool (ACR Tool).
- Links for service providers – links to external resources for service providers including information about safeguards and positive behaviour supports
Interested in ordering our resources to use in your organisation? Please fill out our resources order form to send through a request to our team. To access our regular newsletters, please visit our news and events.
Need other information?
Disability Services Commissioner handles complaints about Victorian disability service providers. If you think your complaint needs to go to someone else, you might be interested in the other complaints bodies listed in our useful links. We also offer links to other helpful external resources.
Level 30, 570 Bourke Street,
Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 Australia
Call for enquiries or complaints - 1800 677 342
Email for enquiries or complaints - firstname.lastname@example.org