Are you a service provider who has received a complaint? Are you not sure what to do next?
Disability Services Commissioner (DSC) can help guide you through managing and successfully resolving complaints, and turning complaints into an opportunity for improvement.
We have a number of educational and informational resources available for service providers. You might be interested in:
You may also be interested in our list of external resources for service providers. We also produce a regular newsletter, update our blog with news articles, and offer a list of useful links of other organisations.
Annual complaints reporting (ACR)
If you are a regulated disability service provider in Victoria, you are required to report all complaints received by your organisation to DSC annually. If you received no complaints in the past year, you will still need to send us a report telling us that you received no complaints.
Annual Complaints Reporting 2018 – 2019 is now closed. The ACR tool will re-open in August for you to record complaints received in the 2019 – 2020 cycle.
We provide an all-in-one online complaints register and reporting tool – Annual Complaints Reporting Tool (ACR Tool) – which you can use to report to us every year. Service providers can manage all their complaints in a convenient cost-free way that is consistent with legislation.
- Password protected access to complaint records
- Easy-to-use online interface with ‘question and answer’ format
- Easy data storage and retrieval functions to record and update complaints over the course of the year
- A download function for services to view and analyse complaints data in a spreadsheet format
- Optional questions to collect information about individuals who made the complaint, whether it is a general or individual-specific complaint, who the complaint is about, and a space for case notes. DSC has no access to any data collected by these questions, it is designed as a complaints register for service providers.
- Feedback functions for comments and suggestions for improvement to the reporting tool.
- On-line help and resources to assist with use and implementation of the tool
Support for the ACR Tool
If you have any questions about how to use the ACR Tool, please check our Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not answered there, contact us on email@example.com.