Are you a service provider who has received a complaint? Are you not sure what to do next?
Disability Services Commissioner (DSC) can help guide you through managing and successfully resolving complaints, and turning complaints into an opportunity for improvement.
We have a number of educational and informational resources available for service providers. You might be interested in:
You may also be interested in our list of external resources for service providers. We also produce a regular newsletter, update our blog with news articles, and offer a list of useful links of other organisations.
Annual complaints reporting (ACR)
The ACR tool will be available for all service providers to use in 2019-2020. Providers who have used the ACR tool in the past can continue to use the tool to record and track their feedback.
- Password protected access to complaint records
- Easy-to-use online interface with ‘question and answer’ format
- Easy data storage and retrieval functions to record and update complaints over the course of the year
- A download function for services to view and analyse complaints data in a spreadsheet format
- Optional questions to collect information about individuals who made the complaint, whether it is a general or individual-specific complaint, who the complaint is about, and a space for case notes. DSC has no access to any data collected by these questions, it is designed as a complaints register for service providers.
- Feedback functions for comments and suggestions for improvement to the reporting tool.
- On-line help and resources to assist with use and implementation of the tool
Although many providers in Victoria have now moved to deliver only services funded by the NDIS, there are still others providing services with funding from DHHS. Providers are required to submit an annual complaints report to DSC in the 2019-2020 cycle if for any part of the year your organisation is a registered, contracted or funded disability service provider by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Unlike previous years, in 2019-2020 your annual report can be submitted when your last DHHS funded person transitions to the NDIS or in July 2020.
If you receive no complaints in the 2019-2020 year, you still need to submit a report telling us that you received no complaints.
Support for the ACR Tool
If you have any questions about how to use the ACR Tool, please check our Frequently Asked Questions. If your question is not answered there, contact us on email@example.com.